|Asparagus roasted in Coconut Oil|
I’m obsessed with Coconut Oil. I ran out of Brussel Sprouts and had some asparagus left over in the fridge. These are very interesting. My favorite is when the asparagus turns a little dark and crispy. Not that you should read anything into that …
Coconut Oil is amazing and it’s really good for you – it’s making a comeback in all the healthy food circles. I decided to try it with the Asparagus. The results? A slightly nutty flavor and a snappy crunch.
- Asparagus (1 bunch)
- Expeller pressed coconut oil (3T)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- Oven proof cooking pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the bottom ends off.
- Turn stove to medium heat. In cooking pan, add coconut oil and asparagus. Melt the coconut oil.
- Toss a few times in the pan and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Toss the asparagus occasionally so they brown evenly.
- Remove from the oven. Add additional sea salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Serve immediately.