But my hair gets dry, even with the Seattle rain, and I need to condition at least once a week. Instead of using a store bought conditioner, I use all natural ingredients.
1. Place all the ingredients into a sauce pan on medium heat.
2. Heat until the coconut oil melts but before it begins to boil. Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool.
3. The oil and honey will separate, so shake or stir as appropriate. Use this conditioner while your hair is still very damp!
4. Massage the conditioner through the hair, wrap the hair with a warm towel and let sit for an hour.
5. Rinse and dry as usual.
6. Store the mixture in a cool, dry location in a sealed bottle.
***I store my conditioner in a glass jar. IF YOU DO THIS DO NOT KEEP THE JAR IN THE SHOWER OR APPLY IN THE SHOWER. After I get my hair wet, I get out of the shower and add the conditioner and wrap my hair in an old towel After an hour, I jump back in the shower and rinse.
***Do this on a weekend, preferably on a Saturday morning if you can. After you rinse off the conditioner, your hair doesn’t have the same “conditioner” feeling that store bought conditioners do, it will feel slightly different. I wait 24 hours before shampooing again. Now, you really can say, “No, I can’t go out tonight because I am washing my hair.”