This is a great DIY gel air freshener that smells great, is cheap & easy, and environmentally friendly! It’s even safe for those individuals who are allergic to perfumes and sensitive to smells because it uses essential oils rather than perfumes.
- 2 c pure distilled water
- 4 pkg Knox gelatin
- 10 drops any Essential Oil
- 2 T table salt
- (Opt) Food coloring
1. Place 1c of distilled water in a pan and bring to a boil.
2. Add the gelatin and stir until dissolved.
3. Remove pan from range and add the salt, essential oil, food coloring, and remaining water.
4. Place the mixture into small jars and allow it to remain at room temperature for about 12 hours.
The added salt should eliminate mold from forming, but if it does this gelatin air freshener dissolves in water.